Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Mail Art, Patterns & Etsy!


I am working on a really fun mail art project at the moment and here is one of my envelopes...more to come on this project and the details as it progresses...


The last few days have been very productive. I've been designing lots of new patterns and really enjoying it. I love days like this when everything comes very naturally, it suits my style as it is quite an organic way of drawing.


I also got the ball rolling and opened my Etsy shop which you can visit here. I'm finding Etsy quite dangerous, there is such a wide variety of beautiful artwork and lovely things and I get a bad case of 'the want' whenever I go on! I think that it's fantastic to be able to buy directly from different artists worldwide and it has a great community. I really do believe that it's important to support artists and it's so much nicer and more personal this way. 

I will be doing a Christmas post soon on some of my favourite pieces that are available from various creatives, but for now here are a few of my favourite shops:-

Jane Ormes- beautiful, colourful gocco prints (I particularly love the rabbit!)
Eleanor Reilly- colourful and happy cards and goodies (Eleanor is actually my sister so this isn't the last you'll be hearing of her from me!)
bookhouathome- a lovely mix of beautiful printed textiles and unique pieces

Happy shopping ;)