Monday, 18 March 2013

EFUTO Mail Art Project #2- 'Spring Floral'


The last EFUTO project was such a success that another one is on the way- pretty envelopes are flying all over the world as I type! Here is my envelope for this time round, which will soon find it's way to LA. The theme for this was 'Spring Floral' (which happens to be the name of one of my pattern collections!) so I picked this beautiful vibrant pink envelope and kept it simple by drawing in black, keeping the focus on the detail which included lots of buds!



I love mail art and everything to do with getting post and receiving it. It's something that has always been very important to me and especially now as I'm living away from home (I'm from Ireland but living in Germany) so sending and receiving post from family and friends is always exciting and lovely!

This project was so much fun to work on, and practical as I could pop the envelope in my journal and carry it with me wherever I went. 

You can find this sweet little badge here

If you would like to read more about this project (the first envelopes were compiled into an online book which is a directory for Surface Pattern Designers worldwide) you can see my past posts about The Little White Book of Surface Pattern Designers  and my last decorated envelope.