Thursday, 13 June 2013

'Flower Bird' Houses


My latest project is called 'Flower Birds' and to start it I exhibited these little birdhouses for the closing night of the exhibition. They are wooden houses painted in several coats of acrylic and decorated with floral illustration and an assortment of charms- little birds, feathers, leaves and flowers. Each bird has her own name and all are named after flowers. Meet Rose, Iris, Hyacinth, Nigella, Violet and Heather!




It just wouldn't be a complete birdhouse without a happy little bird in it. The birds were a commission by the wonderful Beibhinn of Beelicious Crafts who lives back in my hometown of Cork City. I have bought and commissioned many pieces from Beibhinn in the past and she is incredibly skilled, and always up for trying out new ideas. These little birds are so tiny and I'm really impressed!





All of these birds have now flown the nest! Thank you so much to the buyers- I hope they are all happy in their new homes :)

x