Monday, 12 May 2014

Flower Nails by Masaharu Ono


How sweet are these 'Flower Nails'!? They are designed by Japanese product designer Masaharu Onoand I came across them when I was living in Berlin. The stainless steel nails have a little flower design on top and the idea is that you 'plant' these flowers into whatever surface you desire. Instead of unsightly nails in your walls, these would look beautiful to hang calendars and I would love some to hang jewellery and precious items from!



A great thing about this design is that they look beautiful even when they're crooked so they work well for those out there (including myself!) that are hopeless at hammering in a nail! They are also very strong and well made, so they are practical and not just a gimmick. 



You can buy the packs of 3 and 6 here and I remember seeing them at the Stadtengel store in Friedrichshain, Berlin.
x