Monday, 8 September 2014

Vintage Gold Frames & Framed Work Coming Soon!


For the last eight years or so I have been collecting vintage gold frames. I looked for them like a magpie everywhere I visited, in every country that I visited. As a result, I now have a big box full of them! It has become a lovely collection of different sizes, weights, shades of gold and detail. I love the fact that they are all different, and I especially like the very detailed frames. I definitely have a few favourites! I thought I would photograph some of them in this gorgeous sunshine..



..and had a little visit from curious Pixie, who wanted to know what I was taking photos of!


I look forward to framing my artwork in these beauties! It is definitely a lot more work than using new frames but I think it is worth it as there is so much history attached to these, and they are much more unique. 




Here is an example of what my illustrations will look like in the frames. They would make great gifts! More to come on this soon.



x