Friday, 30 January 2015

5dayartchallenge: Day 2


'Daisy-Chain' is a series of visually linking delicate lace flowers. There are only 6 pieces and each is different. You might recognize 'Link 2' as the image I have screen prints of.

'Link 1'

'Link 2'

'Link 3'

I thought that you would like to know a bit about the process behind this series. I was living in Berlin at the time and didn't have a studio at this point. While my husband headed off to work, I hopped on my bike and explored the neighbourhood. I got used to doing this a lot and it made me much more familiar with our surrounding area and the city in general. I don't have a very good sense of direction so Berlin was so daunting as a city at first and I regulary got lost. My husband was so sweet and he used to draw me maps with landmarks that I knew to help me get familiar with areas that were just black holes to me! So, here below is a lovely little organic cafe that I found in our neighbourhood where I sat drawing under the leafy canopy of a huge tree. It was a warm summer's day and I sat there for hours- lovely!



This day I had gone exploring and wandered into another district. I found a beautiful cafe/gallery and got down to work. I even found my way home as well ;)


If you have been reading my blog for a while now, you will know that this is the piece that inspired the engagement ring that my lovely husband helped to design for me (as a surprise, he's amazing!!)- the diamonds sit in an organic cluster like the flowers. So, 'Daisy-Chain, link 2' will always be a special work for me :)


If you are interested in purchasing 'Link 2' you can find it directly from me through my webshop  and also on Etsy
x