Thursday, 29 January 2015

5dayartchallenge


Today I was nominated by the lovely Dublin based illustrator Rachel Corcoran to do the #5dayartchallenge. For those that aren't familiar with this, you post 3 related works for 5 days, and nominate a different artist each time. This is a great excuse for me to organize my artwork, and I was very surprised to see what a huge amount of work I have actually produced! There I was thinking that I hadn't made much but it turns out that I have made much more than I thought (especially as so many things I do never make it online!).

Today's 3 works are original artworks that are inspired by my Japanese heritage (my Mother is half Japanese). I created two of these in Berlin, Germany and the last is actually my latest painting which I made here in Ireland.

'Macrame Petals'
25cm x 25cm, Acrylic, Pen & Pencil on wood. 



'Umi' 
25cm x 25cm, Acrylic, Pen & Pencil on Wood. 


'Sea Pottery'
25x25cm, Acrylic and pen on wood. 





All of these are available at 2020 Art Gallery in Cork City. 

x